Here is a quick lesson on grattitude that worked well with my students the other day.
- Have each student on their own write down as many things as they can that they are grateful for. Give them 2 minutes and tell them it can be big or small things, just stuff they are grateful for.
- Next they share with a partner. Have them name 3 things they are grateful for and then learn 3 things their partner is grateful for. Take turns until time is up. Encourage them to ask each other open ended questions about what they share.
- Invite class members to come to the whiteboard and write down things they are grateful for, big or small. If someone else puts up the same thing put a checkmark beside it.
- Have a group discussion about what they put down. Ask students to share with the class the stuff they think is most important. Share what you think is most important. Let the class decide where the discussion goes.
- Share the following Ted Talk by Louie Schwartzberg about Grattitude https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXDMoiEkyuQ
Hopefully you find this useful